Monday, April 15

April AAA Colourful Challenge…

 
AAA Colourful Challenge #3


I am thrilled and honored to be able to Guest Design for this colorful challenge!
The base card is white acrd stock with a layer of black card stock…neutrals are always welcome.
The main panel is made with Distress Oxide inks shaded lilac, salvaged patina and squeezed lemonade.
I love making these, what I call, Tim Holtz backgrounds.
Once dry I added the flower, die cut from black card stock with a die from Tim Holtz “Wildflower Stems #2”.
The sentiment, also die cut from black card stock and glued to the card front was cut with a die from Tim Holtz “Bold Text #1”, but I didn’t like the box look to it so I decided to break it up.
I did want to make it exactly aligned so I used a new trick and laser liner…
It kept all the words nicely even!

Won’t you join us on this wonderful challenge…not just for this one but all the ones to come?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Arlene for guesting with AAA Colourful and being our first ever player. Great use of the colours, love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card, love your inky background

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card -- the bold black on the light background really makes the sentiment's point. I love the laser!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!