Wednesday, September 19


I try to use my imagination every time I do a posting.
This time I went strictly with the CAS and “Imagine” theme.
The stenciling was done with Tim Holtz “Dot Fade Layering Stencil” and sponged with Distress Oxide Seedless preserves.
The verse from Tim Holtz “Cling Stamp-Phrases 2” was stamped with StaOn jet black ink.

Monday, September 17

Winter inspiration...


If you check out my previous post you will find that this is the second seasonal card from a wonderful inspirational video by Sandy Allnock...
Please follow her instructions as they will be better than any I can do!
Once again I didn’t have. The stamps she used so I used Stampin’ Up’s “Sheltering Tree” for the tree and Stampin’ Up’s “Many Merry Messages” for the verse.
I used Distress inks as I don’t have the liquid watercolors, Versamark ink and white embossing powder for the verse and a white gel pen for the snow.
The trees were stamped with StazOn jet black ink.

Autumn watercolors...

There are times when I just want to try something different but my muse just isn’t there!
Today I went to YouTube to find something and the first thing to pop up was a new Sandy Allnock video...
Please use her video for the instructions...much better than mine.
I didn’t have that exact stamp set but I found one I thought would work the Stampin’ Up “Sheltering Tree” set.
I also do not have liquid watercolors so I tried Arteza watercolor markers...not good for this project.
Then I went back to my old stand boys my Tim Holtz Distress ink pads which I smooshed on the Tim Holtz glass mat.
With my Princeton Neptune Quill #4 brush and a lot of water I created the card above.
All stamping was done with StazOn jet black ink.

Saturday, September 15

love my manatees...

I don’t usually try and copy an inspiration exactly but I wanted to play with the background.
The base card is white linen card stock that I sponged with Distress Oxide peeled paint ink.
Next came the spritzer and then a paper towel to pull off the color.
The tablecloth is orange and white polka dot card stock by Lawn Fawn.
On another piece of white linen card stock I stamped the cup from Lawn Fawn’s “Pumpkin Spice” and then made a mask of it as well with StazOn jet black ink.
The next stamp to go over the masked cup was from Lawn Fawn’s “Christmas Dreams”.
On the same piece of card stock I stamped the two manatees from  Lawn Fawn’s “Manatee-rific”.
All were colored with Prisma pencils.
I cut them all out with scissors and cut around one’s mouth and the other’s arm.
I glued them together and applied them to the card.
To finish I stamped the verse...a combination of words from Lawn Fawn’s “Manatee-rific” and “Year Seven” using StazOn jet black ink.

simply less...

Sometimes it’s the simplest thing that means the most.
I was lucky to get a lovely “Happy Birthday” Stamp included in my birthday order from Lawn Fawn and knew I wanted to use it right away.
The one layer card is white linen card stock with the “happy Birthday” stamped with StazOn jet black ink.
Using the flower from Lawn Fawn’s “Fairy Friends” set I stamped that connected to the birthday with the same ink.
To color and shade the flower I used Faber Castell Polychromos.

yummy birthday...

My inspiration came from the utensils.
They so remind me of my grandmother’s, of which I still have two and use them to this day!
The base card is white linen card stock.
Using a post-it note I made a mask of the cupcake from Lawn Fawn’s “Sweet Friends” and started stamping the cupcakes and the plate, masking while I went, with StazOn jet black ink.
From Lawn Fawn’s “Sweetest Flavor” set I stamped the verse using the StazOn.
The coloring was done with Prisma pencils, Gamsol and artist stumps.

smashing birthday...

For this fusion I used the sketch and the colors!
The base card is white linen card stock.
There is a strip of yellow card stock and a strip of orange & white polka dot card stock from Lawn Fawn.
The circle is die cut from white linen card stock using one of the MFT Die-namics “Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX” dies.
On another piece of white linen card stock I stamped the piƱata from Lawn Fawn’s “Year Seven” set and colored it with Prisma pencils before attaching it to the front of the card.
The verse is from the same set and stamped with StazOn jet black ink.

I love creating scenes...

In the case of this card I needed a bunch of birthday cards for a Lawn Fawn group I belong to on Facebook and decided to use the challenges as inspiration.
This is a kraft card stock base card.
Using post-it notes for masking I stamped images from the following Lawn Fawn sets...
Trailer-“Happy Trails”
Cup-“Pumpkin Spice”
Tree Tops-“Bon Voyage (I used the clouds)”
Tree Trunks-“Jump For Joy”
Car-“Home For The Holidays”
All stamping was done with StazOn jet black ink.
I used a piece of card stock, flat edge, for masking the road.
The grassy hill was done by die cutting one of the Lawn Fawn “Simple Stitched Hillside Borders” to use as a mask.
To mask the mountains I die cut one of the Lawn Fawn “Stitched Mountain Borders” to use as a mask.
All the sponging was done with Distress inks and the image coloring with Prisma pencils.

Thursday, September 13

die cut animals...

The only animal I think of when it’s Halloween is a lovely black cat.
The base card is black card stock.
I cut a square with my paper trimmer of white card stock.
Onto that I glued the squares I cut of range patterned paper using MFT Die-namics “Inside & Out Stitched Square STAX”.
Using the kitties from Impression Obsession’s DIE083-K and black card stock I cut one for each square.
Using more of the black card stock and the “happy” from Tim Holtz “Hocus Pocus Jumbo” set I die cut it out and applied it to the squares.
Using a piece of the orange patterned paper and the “Halloween” from the same set I then applied that to the bottom of the card front.