Thursday, March 16

kitty in the weeds…

 

This kitty reminds me of the kitty that “pussy”foots around our property in the tall grasses searching for mice, which we are grateful for.
The base card is cream card stcok with a layer of brown card stock.
The main panel is a Tim Holtz background that I made on water color paper with Distress inks antique linen, gathered twigs and rustic wilderness.
Once dry I ran it thourgh the Vagabond to emboss it with a Darice embossing folder.
Next I stamped the sentiment from Inkadinkadoo with Distress Archival vintage photo ink.
Yoo finish I dioe cut the kitty using the brown card stock and dies from Tim Holtz “Mischievous”.  




4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/16/2023

    What a sweet card! And you used the colors perfectly! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! 💚💚Your background is fantastic! And the kitty is a perfect touch! I host a new challenge, Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge. It is an anything goes inspired by a theme park. Your card reminds me of the cats of Disneyland, CA, USA. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative weekend. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/ or with #parkhoppingmyhappyplace on Instagram. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous result Arlene - I had to look twice to 'see' the cat in the die cut - that is such a clever cut. love your background - that is subtle but stunning with the splatter and then embossing...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the textured background...so beautiful in these colors! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!