Thursday, March 16

using pre-mades…


A couple of months ago I sat with card stock, stencils and texture pastes to create a bunch of backgrounds before coloring or adding them to cards.
I used one of them for this creation.
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of white linen card stock.
Choosing a background made with Distress texture paste and Tim Holtz “Honeycomb” stencil I applied Distress prize ribbon and peacock feathers inks.
Once dry I did a technique from over a decade ago…ripping!
This I applied with foam tape.
I die cut a flower with a die from Tim Holtz “Wildflower Stems #1” and glued it to the stenciled piece.
From more white linen card stock I die cut the sentiment with a die from Tim Holtz “Friendship Works:Script”, glued it to kraft card stock, ripped around it and foam taped it to the card front.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful texture on this card Arlene and I love the blue & turquoise against the kraft card base! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Challenge! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card Arlene - I honestly thought that the kraft honeycomb was a die cut over the background!! A fabulous result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlene, What a great use of your time, making backgrounds to have on the ready! The background is so cool and I love the added texture with the ripped edges, and of course the pop of white! Thanks for being in our gallery at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your premade background was certainly perfect for our challenge colors. Love the geometric design. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Color Hues Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria Patrick(Maria’s Merry Makings)3/24/2023

    Fab card! Love the geometric background, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!