Wednesday, June 8

two different…


While I had the mask made for this card I decided to make two, colored differently to show how they could look…

The card is a little heavier white card stock.
First I stamped the image and sentiment from Newton’s Nook Designs “A Cozy Day In” on each card using VersaFine onyx black ink.
I stamped it on masking paper from Inkadinkadoo and cut it out and placed it over the image.
Next I cut a circle from card stock and tossed the circle away and placed it over the masked image.
Using two Distress inks and a post it note I made the wall and rug.
I removed the image mask and applied the circle mask I cut with the same circle die.
Using Newton’s Nook Designs “Raindrops Stencil” I applied Distress ink to make the raindrops.
I removed the circle mask and colored the image with Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol and artist stumps.

One layer and two cards!




 

4 comments:

  1. I had to smile at these cards Arlene as that is what the weather is like here Down Under - love the cosy scene you have created on these wonderful cards.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect way to enjoy a rainy day--cuddling with cats while reading a great book! Fabulous one-layer card! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an a cut card. Making is the way to go. Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge. Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing better to do on a rainy day then curl up with a book and a kitty! I absolutely adore the cute scene you created! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!