Saturday, June 4

style…


Thought I would use the colors and images in this photo for my card this time.
The actual card is much less bright but you get the idea.
The base card is white card stock.
On water color paper I stamped the giraffes from Stamps by Judith & Heather with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.
Next I water colored them with Daniel Smith gold water color.
Using a circle die I cut out the navy card stock and a strip of the same to apply to the card.
Using a die from Pinkfresh Studio “Frame Builder: Botanical oval” I cut out the greenery and glued it to the card front.
The giraffes applied with foam squares.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from Printworks “Clearly Defined” using Adirondack denim ink.



2 comments:

  1. love this Arlene - the giraffes are fabulous, and I love the gold embossing on them. the circle and greenery complement them beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. this is adorable, Arlene! I am amazed at how you picked the giraffes and also had them embossed in metallic look, just like the photo inspiration! And the navy cardstock.. adds great interest. I LOVE YOUR STYLE! Thank you for taking Time out and adding your creative take on the photo inspiration. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!