Saturday, June 4

two for one…

 
and

A long time ago I found a video by Jennifer McGuire about gel stamping.
These cards use that technique with the embossing part.
My images were done with a stamp from Hero Arts, sorry I don’t remember the name, and the following Distress Inks:
Cracked Pistachio
Tumbled Glass
Peacock Feathers
Blueprint Sketch
I chopped them up to use as pieces for these cards.
The circle I applied with foam.
To finish I stamped the sentiment, Printworks, using Distress Oxide blueprint sketch.



5 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Arlene - these gels are so vibrant, even in the off-print! Love your blue choices, perfect for sympathy, too. Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, dreamy prints, Arlene. Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty cards Arlene - and thanks for the link to the tutorial - Love the colours you have used and I also enjoyed seeing both the positive and negative prints used next to each other to really appreciate the contrast.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely prints off of your gel plate and put to wonderful use with the sketch over at TSOT. Love the colors. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are quite lovely, Arlene! I remember Jennifer's video, but hadn't tried her technique... your cards make me realize what a great gel press result it can result in!! Thank you so much for using our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch and optional pattern matching to share wiht us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!