Wednesday, May 25

memorial flowers…


As we get closer to Memorial Day here in the US it makes me think about my hubby and all the service men and women who have served us.
Also those who haven’t come back from wars, thus the poppy.
The base card is white linen card stock.
I recently saw a video for crumpling white card stock, un crumpling it, die cutting it and applying color with sponge applicators.
I chose a die from Penny Black “field of dreams” then applied Distress inks.
Next i die cut a square using more white linen card stock and a die from MFT Die-namics “Stitched Square STAX”.
I glued the pieces of the poppy to the square and then stamped the sentiment using a stamp from Technique Tuesday.
To finish I applied the square to the base card with foam tape.

1 comment:

  1. A striking and beautiful card Arlene - that technique sounds fascinating - I must try it as the colour and texture in your poppies is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!