Wednesday, October 6

joy…


I have to admit this card took me a while.
The last 20 minutes was decided whether it needed embellishments…it didn’t!
The base card is white card stock.
Next came the polka dot red card stock that I die cut with a die from MFT Die-namics “Blueprints 27”.
Using a Spellbinders scalloped circle die and vellum I cut the next layer.
On water color paper I stamped the image from Stampin’ Up “Wondrous Wreath” using Distress Ink rustic wilderness.
This I watercolored with just water pulling out the ink.
Once dry I foam taped it to the base card.
With more watercolor card stock I die cut the sentiment from the same set and water colored it with Distress ink fired brick.
I cut another joy from white card stock, glued them together and glued them to the wreath!




2 comments:

  1. That vellum layer adds just so much to this card Arlene and really draws the eye into the wreath and sentiment. A fabulous result
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Arlene! I love the vellum and the white shadow layer. Perfect touches. Thanks so much for playing along with the HLS Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!