Tuesday, July 27

spooky Autumn…

 

Though we are not near Halloween I do like to get a head start on things…even though CVS has started shelving Halloween candy!
The base card is black card stock with a layer of cream card stock.
Using the same technique that I used in the last post I colored a piece of cream card stock with Distress paint cracked pistachio, salty ocean and walnut stain then sprayed on Distress stain brushed corduroy.
Once dry I ran it through my die cutting machine with Crafter’s Companion “Autumn Leaves” 3D embossing folder then smeared Colorbox chalk charcoal ink all over.
This applied the sky and trees!
I applied to the card front.
Normally I would add some sentiment but I loved the spookiness of the card and wanted to leave the image alone.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulously creative effect! Great use of our choose two challenge at Just Add Ink, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous atmospheric card Arlene - great use of the dark ink to highlight the embossed image
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!