Thursday, February 18

brewing...

 
and

There are so many times that I just want one image to have something from another image incorporated into it.
In this case the kitty holding a cup.
The card is white card stock.
I stamped the kitty from Inky Antics “Snowball Kitty & Penguins” carefully avoiding the snowball it held using Memento Tuxedo black ink.
Next I stamped it again on a post it note and trimmed out a mask.
This I placed over the kitty.
The cup and sentiment are part of one huge stamp from Jaded Blossom called “Santa Latte” so I now performed surgery by trimming out the cup and then part of the sentiment.
These I laid on the masked kitty and stamped them with the same ink.
After removing the mask I drew ink the whiskers on the cup with a black marker.
To finish I colored the card with Copic markers.
 



5 comments:

  1. Very clever stamp surgery and masking Arlene, and a fabulous result :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work of masking and combining these two images, Arlene! I love the scene that you've created. Fantastic colouring with copics. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job masking to get the image that you wanted. So adorable and great coloring. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the masking and adapting the images! Such a cute cat with his cup of coffee, and a perfect sentiment to go with it. Thanks so much for making a card for the CAS Christmas challenge I'm hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to tailor the image to get exactly what you want. Well worth the effort too, a really fun card.
    Jane
    Guest Designer at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!