Saturday, January 9

simply gelling...

and

How great to have backgrounds done ahead of time!
A couple of posts ago I explained how I had never used my gel plate and that Jennifer McGuire got me hooked.
This was another gel plate background.
The base card is white card stock.
On more white card stock I did a gel plate print by inking up the gel plate with Distress Oxide blueprint sketch, mermaid lagoon and tumbled glass inks, then braying them.
I had previously die cut a bunch of snowflakes using Lawn Fawn’s “Stitched Snowflake Dies” and placed them on the inks gel plate.
Now I made the print and let it dry.
(For more detailed instructions check out Jennifer McGuire’s YouTube videos on using a gel plate)
Once dry I die cut the gel plate panel with a die from MFT Die-namics “Stitched Arch STAX” applied it to the card front and stamped the sentiment from Sunny Studios “Victorian Christmas” using Distress Oxide chipped sapphire.
With blue card stock I cut out three reindeer using Tim Holtz “Reindeer Flight” die and gluing them together before attaching the to the card front.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful background Arlene! You have really made a gorgeous pull with your gelli plate! Love the silhouette! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Arlene, I love it! Wouldn't look out of place over at Christmas Kickstart, hun, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab deer silhouette on the gel background, Arlene!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gel plate pull Arlene - I have to go see Jennifer's videos - I do not get good results! The blue with white snowflakes is so pretty behind the silhouette deer! thanks for joining in my challenge at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful gelli plate background in that pretty blue with the white snowflakes Arlene and love the wonderful silhouette deer over the top. A super card. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texture on that background and the deer is really gorgeous. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!