Saturday, January 9

hey buddy...

 

While having my grayer out for gel plate printing I decided to make some simple backgrounds with Distress Oxides and the brayer.
On white card stock I bartered Distress Oxide peacock feathers and cracked pistachio.
Once dry I die cut it with a die from Tim Holtz “Splat” die set and applied it to a white card stock base card.
Next I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches “Simply Said” using Memento tuxedo black ink.
 I need some cards for my son that don’t say “get well” as he hates being reminded he has COVID.
On more white card stock I stamped the image from Paper Smooches “Surf & Turf” set with the same ink and colored it with Copic markers.
This I cut out and foam taped t the car front.



6 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! I just started playing around with oxide inks and a gel press. So far I'm loving the look. I don't know what took me so long to gather up these supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of that splat using the DO inks! The red whale is too cute - great card. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background Arlene and what a cute whale! Love the way you used our colours this week. Thanks for joining us at CC&S. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Arlene:) I've been enjoying my DOs lately, but haven't tried using them with a brayer. Gorgeous card and thanks for the inspiration! So happy to see your card in the gallery at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love playing with my gelli plate, so your watery gel print background speaks to me. The beautifully red whale couldn't have it any better. Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and beautiful design! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!