Saturday, January 4

skiing Santa...

and

This image from Bugaboo Stamps “Tropical Santa Surfing” was one of my favorite to play with this past year so I had him colored ahead.
He was printed onto white card stock, colored with Prismacolor pencils, artist stumps and Gamsol, then trimmed out with scissors.
After die cutting a tag from white card stock using a die from Sunny Studios “Build-A-Tag #1” set I glued him to the tag.
With a 1/8” circle punch I made a hole in the Santa image where the hole was in the tag and threaded black Scrappers floss.
On the back of the tag I stamped the sentiment (unknown company) with MFT extreme black hybrid ink.
I cut a circle using a die from Lifestyle Crafts nesting circles into scrap paper and used it with Distress chipped sapphire ink and a makeup brush to stencil the sky on a white card stock base card.
Finally I foam taped the Santa to the base card.



10 comments:

  1. Hi Arlene. Happy New Year! I LOVE this Santa image and how you've placed him on your tag! A fantastic design! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah now, a water skiing Santa is so appropriate for Down Under! Love this Arlene - a fun card beautifully constructed
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so cute in his Christmas board shorts and hat. I love how you placed him on the tag with the strings flying away. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card - so that's how Santa spends summer! Love it.
    Jane
    GDT at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Great card with tag design, I sure love it. Thanks for joining our challenge at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug. Good luck.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giggle, this is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That surfing Santa really made me smile - so darling and I love how you colored him!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun tag and card! I love how Santa is holding onto the tag ribbons. Just so festive. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!