Tuesday, January 7

birthday shake up...



This card surprised me as it didn’t take that long to accomplish.
The base card is white card stock.
To that I added a piece of purple/white polka dot patterned paper.
To make sure the shaker bits showed I applied another piece of white card stock on top of that, but just under where the box opening would be.
On white card stock I stamped the image and the sentiment from MFT Stamps “Happy Birthday to You” set using Memento tuxedo black ink.
I colored the image, not the present, with Copic markers (E00, E11, E13, E31, E33, E35,C1, C2,V12, V15, V 17).
Next I cut the present out with a craft knife and left the bow part on.
I taped the acetate, Gracie clear film, piece behind the open box area.
All around the back area f the box and the back of the main piece I applied foam tape.
*Hint-I used anti-static powder on the acetate.
I applied a 1/2 teaspoon of the Sunny Studio Stamps “Rainbow Candy Confetti” before removing the protective pieces of the foam tape and applying it to the card front.
On a piece of the purple/white polka dot paper I stamped the image again but only cut out the bow to glue to the front of the present.
To finish I use a ruler and Sharpie Ultra Fine Point black marker to make the “lid” line!



5 comments:

  1. That's so cute and a brilliant idea to make the gift into the shaker window. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! What a great idea to make the present the shaker. I may have to try this. Thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join again. Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I loveee the little "present" shaker. Your coloring is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever shaker card! Love this and the sweet image, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your shaker elements and superbly put together card. Thanks for joining us this month at AAA Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!