Tuesday, November 5

25 Days of Christmas Tags...Day 2


For day 2 of the challenge I was looking for a quick and easy tag.
Here is where I started...
Hubby and I went out this morning and to get gift cards for my residents and staff of our youngest son’s group home!
For the residents I wanted something that could be hung on their doorknobs Christmas morning.
This tag fit the bill.
The base tag is white card stock die cut with a die from Tim Holtz “Tag Collection” set.
On the inside I stamped the sentiment from MFT Stamps “Santa’s Elves” with Gina k amalgam ink.
Next I glue dotted the gift card onto this piece.
Using the same die and red zig zag card stock from Colorbok after cutting it out I trimmed the zag along the bottom.
After using 1/8” tape across the top to secure them together I used red jute for the hanger.
Finally I stamped the bear from MFT Stamps “Polar Bear Pals” using the amalgam ink and coloring it with Prismacolor Premier scarlet lake marker.
This I cut out with scissors and applied it to the front of the tag.

5 comments:

  1. Love this graphic tag Arlene, and the bear on the front is a sweetie. Do I recognise that paper from last year?
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to love about this tag! I always enjoy seeing these MFT polar bears, and he is perfect on the patterned paper! Great way to make a tag for including a gift card, as well. Thanks for participating in Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet tag, Arlene. I love your creativity, and I hope you're enjoying making tags and playing along as much as I am. SO much fun, huh?

    I'd also love to have you play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. You can link up any time Anything Goes/Family Friendly with lots of great prizes. I hope you will join us!
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag with a sweet bear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!