Thursday, October 3

The Secret Garden...


The image of the book is not the image from the challenge...it is my copy.
Though it doesn’t look read, that is because I have another copy without the dust cover for reading purposes.
I grew up an only child and my fondest memories are walking to my library in Niagara Falls and rewarding my favorite book, “The Secret Garden”.
Not only did I LOVE the story but the illustrations by Tasha Tudor were the inspiration for my going to art school.
I had to do this challenge.
The card is cream card stock with a circle cut from the front with one of the dies from Lifestyle Crafts nesting circle dies.
The sentiment stamped to the inside of the card with Distress Archival ground espresso ink is from Impression Obsession’s “In a Garden” set.
Next I used a stamp from Stampin’ Up’s “Garden Silhouettes” to stamp my “garden” on the front of the card...open.
Inks used were Distress Oxides rusty hinge, crushed olive and dusty concord.




4 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous and so is your story about loving this book as a child! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sentiment Arlene - I too was a bookworm as a child and so appreciate and good book even now. The garden you created is glorious - subtle, gentle and dreamy.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading how special this book is for you and I think this card is a very special card. I love the aperture style and the colours. Beautiful! Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and story. I got received the wheat stamp and will use it to make your card or a similar one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!