Thursday, October 3

maple leaf...

and

CAS Watercolour Card Challenge is celebrating it’s third birthday.
Hubby was sweet enough, for my birthday last month, to take me to a large art store in a city near us to buy some Copics.
While there he bought me a set of Ken Oliver Autumn Leaves Color Burst powders.
What fun these are.
On water color paper I poofed , technical term, some of the powders and then wet them.
Once throughly dry I stamped the leaf image from Neat & Tangled “Maple Thanks” with Distress Archival vintage photo ink.
ext I trimmed around the leaf with a craft knife.
On cream card stock I die cut a square in the front with 
MFT Die-namics “Inside & Out Stitched Square STAX” and applied the leaf with glue dots on the tips that touched the card front.
To finish I stamped the sentiment from the same set with the Archival ink.




5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful birthday gift, Arlene. You lucky girl! The color bursts work perfectly to color this beautiful maple leaf! Great layout too. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Arlene - that leaf is wonderful!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Arlene!! Love the beautiful colours of your maple leaf. And what a gorgeous image too. Great work cutting it out. I love how you've mounted it so there is distance between it and the card base. Adds lots of light to the background and makes it look like stained glass. Great work! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really beautiful card.
    Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS Watercolour Challenge!
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, I love leaf cards and yours is wonderful
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!