Thursday, November 15

an easel hug...


It really was a challenge with this card, until I remembered how easy you can make an easel card.
Taking a piece of white card stock I cut it to 11” x 4.25”.
The scoring was done at 5.50” and 2.75”.
To create the snow I die cut the other half of the white card stock with Paper Smooches “Borders 1” snow die.
I cut three, one for the front of the base card, one for the inside with foam tape under it to hold up the brace for the easel and one to place on top of the inner one for decoration.
I placed patterned paper on the front of the base card for a sky effect...

The stamping was done for the verses on the main card with Newton’s Nook Designs “Cup of Cocoa” and StazOn jet black ink.
I used the same set to stamp the cup with Gina K. Amalgam ink and color with Studio 71 alcohol markers.
The little girl is a digital image from Bugaboo Stamps called “Christmas Brat Girl”.
She was also colored with Studio 71 markers.
I trimmed out the girl and mug with scissors and glued them to the card!
Please note the fur and mug have wink of Stella clear glossy for a glittery look.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute easel card.
    Thanks for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! I love your happy, bright, festive colors, and your wonderful sentiments! Super sweet - and I like how you created a simply, yet interesting background and stop! Thanks for uploading your fabulous creation to Back to Basics and Beyond Challenges. I hope we will see more of your artwork in our future challenges. Be sure to check back later to see if you have won!
    Crafty hugs, de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet easel card. Thank you for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond. We would love to see you visit us again. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!