Tuesday, February 5

First day of my mini-vacation...

and I spent the morning coming up with a way to store my embossing folders. My folders were in a lump, piled on top of each other, difficult to find the one I wanted to use...so I didn't. What a waste of a wonderful resource.

Here is a step by step tutorial, with pictures!
This is what it will look like when you are done. Believe it or not I had all this "stuff" in my craft room.
 Sad but true.
You will need a three ring binder, a bunch of sheet protectors, a sewing machine, thread, scissors, rotary cutter, straight edge (I used one of my quilting rulers) and a self healing matt.
  The trouble with the protector is it would only hold one folder. This is how we fix that. 
Take your cutting matt and insert it into the protector.
Lay the straight edge just to the left of the center circle.
Using your rotary cutter run it along the straight edge. 
(I use the blades that I can't use for fabric any more. I find they are still sharp enough for paper or in this case the plastic.)
  Leave about 1/4 to 1/2 inch at either end.
Here's your slit for the second embossing folder.
Go to your sewing machine and start stitching from the middle hole.
   Continue stitching across, using the slit as a guide.

 
Here's the "pocket".
Now tie the threads with a square knot.
  Trim.
 That's it!
Now fill up that notebook with your embossing folders. They are now easier to find for that special project.
 
NOTE:
Hubby just suggested that you put an arrow pointing to the top of the note book so your folder in the upper pocket doesn't fall out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!