Thursday, July 18

thanks…


Sometimes the challenge is just for me to create.
This one I needed a thank you note for someone who has helped out son.
I decided to use the colors with an technique I saw online.
The base card is white card stock with grey and black card stock layers.
The main piece is water color paper that I made a Distress background with lost shadow and festive berries.
Once dry I stamped the sentiment from Dee Gruenig using Versamark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
Next I smoooshed Memento tuxedo black ink all over it the wiped it clean with a dry cloth.
This I trimmed down and backed with red card stock before attaching to the card front.


5 comments:

  1. Arlene, I love that you went with a bold and graphic use of the colors. Such a striking card and the design showcases the colors fabulously. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene, what a great graphic design! The distressed look of the sentiment along with the angled layers gives this such a modern look. Love it! I'm glad the challenge came at the right time for your needs and thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fablous way to use the challenge colors, Arlene! I love the bold and graphic "thanks"! This is such a fun, fresh layout. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Arlene, this is an amazing result - and what stunning use of the colours in the challenge!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a bold sentiment and it's perfect. Great way to rock the colours Arlene. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!