Thursday, July 18

birthday…

 
The Paper Players Challenge #698


I’m not sure if it’s ok to add another card but I wanted to show everyone what i did with the other half of the Distress background that I did for the last posting!
The base card is whiet card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The grey card stock, also from the last card, I embossed with Tim Holtz 3D “Botanical” folder.
With the leftover Distressed piece I also ran that through the folder.
Next I used Distress black soot ink to cover the smooth side of the embossed image then backed it with more black card stock and applied it to the card front.
To finish I used black and white card stock with dies from Spellbinders “Yana’s Layered Script Sentiments” and glued them to the card front.


5 comments:

  1. Arlene, I love that you came back for a second round. That embossed background has such depth and I love it echoed in red for your focal point. Another fabulous card. Thanks again for joining us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, as I looked at your first card, I was thinking it kind of reminded me of this "blackout" technique using an embossing folder, and then, voila I spied your second card. This card turned out beautifully, with the debossed flourished florals in red and gray against the black background. Love the continuation of the design with the embossed gray panel behind it. It is perfectly alright to enter a second card to the same TPP challenge, so thanks for sharing this beauty with us too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlene, I love your embossed background and the debossed florals!! Just wow! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great technique you used. Wonderful card, thanks for sharing with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to get a second card Arlene - these colours are a great way to showcase this technique too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!