Monday, April 29

thanks…


Digging through my stash of backgrounds that I had made from Distress mica sprays I found one that looked Autumn-like to me.
The base card is black card stock with the background.
On black card stock I stamped the image, I think Picket Fence Studios, with black ink.
Once thoroughly dry I painted the leaves with metallic water color paints.
Once dry I trimmed it out and using black card stock squares I placed them on the base card as per the sketch.
With more black card stock I die cut the sentiment using My Favorite Things “Simply Thanks” die and trimmed it withy scissors.
Combining black foam squares and glue I attache it to the card front.


6 comments:

  1. Arlene those beautiful shimmering leaves look fabulous against the black and I love the background too - gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Arlene - love the mettalic shimmer you have going on there
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and stunning, I love the combination of colours. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that mica spray background - such a wonderful technique and you showcased it beautifully. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arlene, this is absolutely gorgeous! So much beautiful color and detail. Thanks so much for sharing this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arlene, this is lovely! So much detail and I love the colors. Thanks so much for sharing this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!