Thursday, June 16

tropical anniversary…


I wonder, as I sit jere in my air conditioned home, what it would have been like way back when to walk a tropical beach ?
The base card is cream card. stock with a layer of black card stock.
The main panel is white card stock that I stamped with a seaside stencil using Distress inks then sponged it with the coordinating inks.
To that I stamped the sentiment, MFT Stamps “Happy Hummingbirds”, and the image, unknown company, using VersaFine onyx black ink.
I cut it out with a die from MFT Die-namics “Blueprints #1” and applied it to the card front.

3 comments:

  1. The mind boggles when contemplating walking on the beach with all those layers of clothes on!
    Wonderful card Arlene, and I love the soft background that lets the sentiment and image take the eye beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vintage beach scene, Arlene. Great background effect. I have this stamp ... may have to dust it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I really like the background effect that you achieved. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!