Thursday, June 16

hummingbird…


My extra challenge to myself was to use all the colors in as small an image as I could.
The base card is white card stock.
I cut a square from more white card stock using a die from My Favorite Things Die-namics “Stitched Square STAX”.
To that I stamped the sentiment and image from My Favorite Things “Happy Hummingbirds” using Memento tuxedo black ink and coloring it with Copic markers.
To give it depth I used a Jennier McGuire idea of stacking extra card stock behind the square.
This is so much cheaper than foam tape for larger areas!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, Arlene, what a graceful and CAS card - love the bold and perfect coloring here, and white on white layers adds so much dimension! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful image and sentiment combination, and you have coloured it beautifully to make a serene and beautiful card Arlene
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. White on white...one of my favorite looks but one I have a hard time pulling off!! You rocked it...and that colorful birdie pops in the color palette of our challenge!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us over at Sunday Stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card Arlene! I especially love that how you used the colors and kept it perfectly CAS. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!