Saturday, April 9

for hubby’s friend…


My hubby belongs to a small group of guys that served in WWII, Korea and Viet Nam.
One of the guys had to have surgery so he asked me to make him a card!
The base card is white card stock.
Using patterned paper, unknown company, I applied it as per the sketch.
USing a circle die I cut out a white card stock circle, applied it to the card then stamped the sentiment from Art Impressions “Get Well” set with Versafine onyx black ink.
On heavier white card stock I stamped the image from the same set with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored it with Copic markers.
This I trimmed out and applied to the card front with foam squares.


4 comments:

  1. Love this Arlene - the pun is perfect for the picture, and you have made a fabulous card!! I am sure it was appreciated...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Arlene, so funny! Such a cute image - the sentiment is hilarious, and just the right pick-me-up! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is a hoot and I hope the recipient's recovery goes swiftly - at least he'll have something in hand to give him a chuckle! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest (and funniest) card I have seen in a loooong time! Fantastic coloring, fantastic layout for this weeks challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!