Wednesday, July 28

swirly hello…


Continuing with the technique that I have used for the last few postings I went with a brighter one for this challenge.
The base card is yellow card stock with strips of blue card stock to match the sketch.
On white card stock I made a background of Distress Paint spun sugar, mowed lawn, salty ocean and mustard seed.
This I ran through the die cut machine with Tim Holtz “Elegant” 3D embossing folder then rubbed the high points with Colorbox chalk Prussian blue ink.
I trimmed it down to match the sketch, backed it with a layer of blue card stock and applied it to the card front.
From another piece of the blue card stock I die cut the sentiment from Sizzix and glued it to the card front.



4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous technique you used to create this gorgeous background! I LOVE the yellow and the blue together. Thank you for playing in my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene this is amazing - love the Prussian blue for the high points of the embossing, and the background colours on the panel you created for it is so pretty.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlene, I love this - the colors are fabulous. Such a great take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the bright colors. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!