Monday, February 22

birthday birds...


Being thoroughly honest with you this card took me all afternoon.
The card is white card stock.
I started by cutting out all the masks...1 large image and 9 birds.
Next I stamped the kitty from Newton’s Nook Designs “Newton’s Peeps” with Memento tuxedo black ink and slowly stamped the birds from the same set using the pre-made mask.
Then I threw the first version in the recycling.
Why? You may ask.
I forgot to remove the ink from each mask with a Q-tip as I went along so they smeared big time!
Started over and got to the point where everything was stamped and masked.
I used easy release tape along the top and bottom and applied Distress ink stormy sky and faded jeans over a mask of a hill that I made.
On the hill I applied Distress ink mowed lawn and shabby shutters using MFT “Grassy Edges”  stencil.
After removing all the stencils I colored the images with Copic markers.
(Hint: Check out Pinterest for great coloring ideas!)
Finally, before I had to make dinner, I stamped the sentiments from the previous set and Newton’s Nook Designs “Newton’s Birthday Flutter” with the same ink, including Happy Birthday inside the card.



 

4 comments:

  1. I have seen this cat colored many times. but this is the first calico one I have seen. He is magnificent and I love how you did this. So glad that you linked up with us at Seize the Birthday and hope to see you again.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous I love the vibrant colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Putty-tat and his friends Arlene - it was worth the time and effort as this is a magnificent card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your honesty Arlene, as some of my cards take me all day as well. If you enjoyed the process then it was time well spent. I think it came out splendidly and is why I am here leaving you a comment, as it caught my eye right away over at Seize the Birthday! Everything is perfectly done and I love the way you colored that cat! I adore having your work in our gallery! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!