Saturday, September 12

My Favorite Things Superstar Challenge #2...

 


What fun this card was to design.
This is a slider card here are the other positions...

I hope to give you all the information you need to make your own.
The base card is white card stock.
From heavy white card stock I cut a front piece and toward the bottom I die cut it with the smaller, straight die from MFT Die-namics “Surf & Turf”.
Once dry I used a blending brush to apply Hero Arts Unicorn ink through MFT “Snow Flurry” Mix-able Stencil.
Next I applied Distress Oxide inks faded jeans and hickory smoke with a blending brush and set aside.
On more heavy white card stock I stamped the images from MFT Stamps “Santa’s Elves” using MFT extreme black hybrid ink then colored them with the following Copic markers...
Elf skin: E000, E11, E13, E93
Elf hat and clothing: R5, R24, R46, N0, N2
Elf Hair: N8, N10
Elf bell, ornament & tree star: Y21, YR21, YR23
Tree: G21, G24, G46, E25, E29
Using another die from the MFT Die-namics “Surf & Turf” set I cut a piece of the heavy card stock to place on the bottom of the card to cover the slot for the slider.
This I shaded, ever so lightly, with Distress Oxide hickory smoke ink.
From the MFT “Blueprints 28” set I used the larger circle to die cut a white piece that I applied an oval slider piece from MFT Stamps.
(I also applied a dime on the back of the circle to allow it to slide easily.)
I applied thick foam tape to the back of the sky piece making sure the Slider piece slid easily and applied it to the base card with the circle piece in the slot.
To the circle piece I applied the feet of the elf.
With the sentiment from MFT Stamps “Jingle All The Way” and the MFT ink I stamped it to the bottom of the “Snowdrift” piece.
To that piece I applied foam tape and taped it to the main card making sure it didn’t cover any of the slider piece.
At this point the elf should slide easily.
Next I applied the tree with glue dots on the star and bottom of the tree but to make sure the elf would slide and apply the ornament you have to “glue” the center of the tree to the card front.

I hope ou can understand my instructions and will try making a slider card of your own!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!