Saturday, September 12

Christmas card Throwdown...September Color

and


Now this was certainly a color combination I would use for Halloween...but Christmas?
The base card is black card stock with a layer of gold metallic paper.
On the white card stock piece I placed a circle cut from a post-it note.
Over that I place the MFT Stencil “Drifts & Hills” and sponged along the edge with Distress dried marigold ink then Distress black soot ink over the top.
In the lower left corner I stamped the sentiment from a Recollections Christmas set with StazOn jet black ink.
Then with more gold metallic gold paper and Tim Holtz “Pine Tree” die I cut two trees and glued them to the card front.

I can’t wait to see what everyone brings to this challenge!

8 comments:

  1. Feels like you have really captured the magic of dusk
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great approach to an unusual colour combination. Your card is really dramatic, such atmosphere, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe et très chic Arlene, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I know it was not a simple color combination, but that's what challenges are for, right? ;) Your winter scene is beautiful and has such a dramatic vibe! - you really played well with the colors, Arlene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you created a very dramatic scene that is all in anticipation due to the bright moon and golden trees

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arlene Rose: I agree with these other comments about the dramatic outdoor scene this trio color palette made for your Christmas card! Bravo on your accomplishment of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Christmas card. Using that gold die cut over your background is perfection. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very dramatic! Thank you for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!