Saturday, July 25

playing with inks...


One of the things I have learned by watching Tim Holtz videos is to make a LOT of pieces of “art” then use them as you want in the future as backgrounds, with dies, etc.
The base card is a dark green/brown with a layer of green card stock.
The main piece is textured card stock that I sponged with Distress inks squeezed lemonade, peeled paint and dusty concord.
Next I used Tim Holtz “Blossom” stencil and Distress Resist spray, sprayed through it.
Over that I sponged Distress Oxide frayed burlap ink.
Once thoroughly dry I die cut it with a die from Sizzix “Mixed Media #5” and applied a cream card stock behind it before applying it to the card front.
To finish I die cut the sentiment from more of the cream card stock using a “love Nicole” die.


2 comments:

  1. I love how the soft floral background adds a real dreamy feel to the floral pattern that flow down the card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. I have a desk full of discarded backgrounds that I could use in this way. A fab way to use mixed media. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!