Thursday, June 25

time to celebrate...

and

Though I’m not into glitter I do occasionally play around with it for special occasions!
The base card is white card stock stenciled with Distress candied apple & chipped sapphire inks using Picket Fence Studios “Watercolor Brush Strokes” stencil.
Next I die cut the star using MFT Die-namics “Stitched Star Pek-A-Boo Window” die.
Behind that I placed red glitter card stock as well as applying strips of that color on the card front.
I didn’t have blue glitter card stock but I had silver so I colored it with alcohol blue ink before die cutting the sentiment with a die  from Tim Holtz “Celebration Words: Script”.




6 comments:

  1. Great card Arlene, love the blue glitter paper! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful striking card Arlene. Love your 'blue' glitter paper, very innovative.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Super patriotic card, love those stripes and the star. Great idea to colour the glitter sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us in our Die Cuts challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith DT The Male Room

    Faith Daffodil Cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great male card :-)) I like die cuts you use.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Male Room this week.
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great design. I love those stripes. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the die-cuts for this masculine card!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Male Room this week.
    Ma-Mi, The Male Room DT member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!