Monday, March 16

K is for koala...


As everyday changes in the current flu pandemic, the latest is my granddaughter missing preschool (which she adores).
her Mom noted on Facebook that this was “K” week so I decided to make her a koala card!
The base card is white card stock that I taped to my Tim Holtz glass mat with temp tape and placed The Crafter’s Workshop “mini Bamboo” stencil on top and sponged with Distress mowed lawn ink. And Distress gathered twigs ink.
After removing the stencil I sponged, lightly, Distress faded jeans ink.
On another piece of white card stock I stamped the image from MFT Stamps “Cuddly Koalas” with Distress Archival hickory smoke ink and colored with Faber Castell Polychromos ink.
On the main card I stamped the paws from the same set and colored them with the polychromos then I stamped the sentiment from the same set with the same ink.
To finish I trimmed out the koalas and foam taped them to the card front.



1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful card Arlene, I am sure it will be adored. How sad that the whole of society is being so severely affected by the pandemic, but better (social) isolation than illness!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!