Thursday, February 27

matching die and stencil...


What fun when you realize you have a stencil that matches your die!
The base card is green card stock.
The next layer is cream card stock that I stenciled on both ends with peeled paint and wilted violet Distress ink using Tim Holtz “lace” stencil.
On another piece of cream card stock I sponged the whole piece with the seeded paint ink.
With another piece of cream card stock and a die from Tim Holtz “Mixed Media #2” I cut a piece to sit atop the sponged piece.
To finish I die cut a flower from cream card stock using a die from Tim Holtz “Wildflower Stems #2” then sponged it with the two Distress inks I used for the background.




3 comments:

  1. Yes, what a treat when things come together so cohesively! The lace stencil and die cut are so pretty and work wonderfully with the wildflower. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunningly beautiful card Arlene -don't you love it when your supplies play nicely together like that!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card...I just can't seem to get into the stencil groove, but you nailed this! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week and using my sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!