Thursday, February 27

how the flower got it’s color...


Funny story about the colors for the flower.
After pulling out all my Tim Holtz ink supplies i found that I had many unopened Distress stains, so I opened them all.
These need primed to get the ink flowing into the sponge dauber top.
So I took a piece of card stock and started priming.
When I was done it was covered with color so I just threw it in my recycling bin.
For another challenge I used black card stock and one of the Tim Holtz “Wildflower Stems #2” dies and threw the negative piece in the recycle bin.
Then this challenge came along and I decided to put them together, after pulling them out of the recycle bin.
After gluing them together I die cut the edge, as per the sketch, with a die from Concord & Ninth”Select-A-Size Edge Dies” and cut it before taping it to the cream colored base card.
Next I pulled out Hero Arts “Prayers Stamp & Cut” set and used the die to cut a piece of black fun foam and one of black card stock which I glued to gathered then onto the card front.


5 comments:

  1. Love the colours on your flower Arlene, and the backstory too :) A fabulous result with the flower over the black cardstock
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the colors for your flower. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower looks awesome and just love how you recycled your paper. It really was a treasure. Your card is beautiful and will bring comfort to someone. Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real trash to treasure card! I love this - I thought it was one of those scratch papers that you remove the black stuff to reveal cool colors beneath. I love this card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower! I love the story of how you made it!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!