Wednesday, January 22

special thanks...


Today’s card is a thank you to a friend who gave me a Theorem by one of our favorite artists Sandy Honan.
I wanted to try and interpret the painting onto the card so I got out a very favorite set from Stampin’ Up called “Sheltering Tree”.
On cream card stock I stamped images from the set with Gina K. Designs inks.
Because there were no birds in that set I also used Stampin’ Up’s “Nuts About You” set with the inks.
Using fine line markers I added touches of color where needed.
On the brown card stock base card I die cut the “frame” with MFT Die-namics “Inside & Out Stitched STAX”.
I applied the cream piece inside for that “framed” look!


3 comments:

  1. This is adorable! You used a timeless set and did a beautiful job of re-creating the art work. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful result Arlene - I think I like your interpretation of the art better than the original piece :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for our Challenge! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!