Saturday, January 11

buzzy birthday...

and

What fun to pull out new things that you haven’t played with before.
In this case it was dies I received for Christmas.
The base card is black card stock with a layer of water color paper that I watercolored with Distress mustard seed and fossilized amber inks.
Using the hints from Jenifer McGuire’s video...
I was able to leave a space for the stamping on the kraft card stock.
For the die I used Honey Bee Stamps “Hexagon CP:Top Layer”.
For the sentiment I used Honey Bee Stamps “Winter (Buzz Words)” and “You’re A Classic” sets with Memento tuxedo black ink.
To finish I added the bee made of scraps from the water color background and black card stock which I die cut with Honey Bee Stamps “Honey Bee (paper piecing) dies.



6 comments:

  1. A beautiful watercolor background, Arlene! Love the partial die cut honey comb and that sweet bee! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the partial die-cutting technique with your new honeycomb die, Arlene!
    The yellow background is beautifully watercolored and the bee is so cute. Thank you so much for sharing this pretty card with us at CAS Mix Up!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love, this Arlene - so gorgeous!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've achieved great results with this technique and your card is beautiful! I love the colours and the cute bee:) Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fab .... I love how you've used the honeycomb die. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with a cool technique. Love the bright colors. Great to see you in the HLS Anything Goes with Dies challenge gallery. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!