Saturday, October 26

joyful...

and


Did you ever try a technique and just didn’t like how it turned out?
Well, I tried the smooshing with Distress inks and white card stock and wasn’t that thrilled.
(Mind you I kept them for backgrounds for other cards!)
Then I pulled out my Tim Holtz Alcohol blending solution, Ranger red pepper alcohol ink and Ranger gold mix active with my glossy cad stock.
Now we were cooking or smooshing!
So I smooshed some vellu onto the smooshed icee and got a few more pieces to use.
The base card is white card stock with a layer of red and stock.
The next layer is one of the “smooshed” pieces that I die cut with a die from Stampin’ Up’s “Delightful Decorations”.
Under the negative I glued the vellum that I had smooshed and taped white card stock behind that.
Next i used another piece of the smooshed vellum and die cut the ornament.
The positive ornament of the first smooshed piece I glue dotted to the card.
Next, under a part of the vellum ornament that was naked I placed a glue dot and folded the other part over the top and glued the piece to the card front.
To finish I die cut the “Joy” from Stampin’ Up’s “Wondrous Wreath” set from red card stock and glued it to the card front.

6 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm visiting after seeing a small thumbnail size photo bit of your card linked to 52 CCT because I was intrigued by the colors. My first thought was maybe rose petals but when seeing the full photo on this post I noticed the ornament shapes. Very cool how your inks 'smooshed' around...very artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card you made and fantastic smooshing :-)) I like your card!
    Thanks for playing with us at 52CCT and good luck with DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful smooshing, which I think is always so fun to do! Your card has a nice soft glow. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Arlene - you must have had fun with all the smooshing and blending and die cutting you have done to make this wonderful card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful smooshing, love explosion of colours on your card. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, lovely. You've created a beautiful soft background and that's ingenious to cut the bauble out and offset. I create all kinds of backgrounds which don't quite work but I always keep them! Thanks for joining in at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!