Friday, September 20

watercolor weeds...


Haven’t water colored in a while so this challenge fit the bill.
On water color paper I stamped the dandelion image (unknown company) with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
After taping it to my Tim Holtz glass mat I watered it then dripped three greens from my Arteza water color palette.
This had to dry so I set it aside while I made the “flag” with the sentiment from Close To My Heart’s “True Friends”.
This I stamped on white card stock and used Distress mowed lawn ink.
I trimmed down the water colored piece and layered it with white and green card stocks.
To finish I glued on the sentiment “flag”.




4 comments:

  1. Oh, Arlene... I LOVE this! The colour mixture for the background is perfect and the dandelion images are so soft. This is an amazing card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your card, Arlene! The watercolor background it beautiful for the dandelion images. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! I love the sponged background with those dandelions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card Arlene - love the tones of green that you have used on this elegant and subtle card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!