Thursday, August 29

rainbows 1...



I was asked to be a guest designer for this challenge and how lucky was I to get this quote?
For this card I chose white card stock and layered MFT Mix-ables “Sun Ray” & “Mini Staggered Raindrops” stencils.
I lifted the raindrops as I had taped that down on me side and sponged the sun with Distress squeezed lemonade ink.
After laying the raindrop stencil back over the rest I used Distress markers carved pumpkin, candied apple blueprint sketch, mustard seed, wilted violet and mowed lawn for the raindrops over the suns rays.
(This shows the quote fully!)
Before removing the raindrops stencil I colored the rest of the drops with Distress marker stormy sky.
This piece I trimmed and layered with black card stock onto a white base card.
On another piece of white card stock I stamped the sentiment from MFT Stamps “Rainbow Greetings” with StazOn jet black ink, trimmed it, altered it with black card stock and glued it to the card front.



7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful outcome Arlene - wonderful work with the stencils, and and a most appropriate sentiment!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous-you sure did a stunning job with the quote-I love how the sun radiates out onto the rain. So good to have you as GD x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, and so perfectly matches our inspiration quote. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card! Great this rainbow and a text that fits perfectly! Thank you for joining us as guest designer at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous take on our words, Arlene. I love the way the colored raindrops overlay the sun rays. Your sentiment is so perfectly in tune with the quote. I love it. It's wonderful to have you designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous cooperation between the sunshine and the rain, Arlene ... this is brilliant! Love how you made the raindrops change colour where the sun is glinting on them ... so clever! Thanks so much for inspiring our players as our Guest Designer at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arlene the colour detail on the raindrops makes this card such a wow - such a fabulous way to take this week's inspiration and run with it. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!