Thursday, July 4

not CAS...


Though I thrive doing CAS I do own a stash of Tim Holtz mixed media products and love to play sometimes.
The background started with glossy white card stock, Tim Holtz alcohol blending solution, Adirondack alcohol inks (caramel, butterscotch & cranberry) that I applied with a homemade block and a piece of felt.
Once dry I used Tim Holtz “Autumn Layering Stencil” and Alcohol Lift It ink with another piece of felt to “lift” a few leaves.
You can barely see where I did that.
Next I placed one of the stamps from Tim Holtz “Ledger Script” into my Tim Holtz stamping platform and inked a few spots with Distress Archival ground espresso ink and stamped it onto the background.
On leftover pieces of water color paper I sponged the Distress ground espresso ink and die cut the flowers using Tim Holtz “Wildflower Stems #1”.
On a white linen card stock base card I sponged around the edge with the Distress ground espresso ink, applied the background and then glued the flowers to the front.
Can you tell I’m in an Autumn mood?

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning card - love the background Arlene, and the brown die cuts in front of it are perfect
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!