Thursday, July 4

alcohol lift ink, stamping, die cutting


Though this looks blue the background is actually a mix of eggplant & denim alcohol inks on glossy card stock.
Using MFT Stamps images from “Spooky Sweets” and Tim Holtz Alcohol Lift-Ink I pulled the color from the main piece and applied it to a piece of white linen card stock.
On a white linen card stock base card I applied the background and stamped a verse from the same set with a mixture of Adirondack eggplant & denim inks.
Using the co-ordinating dies I cut out the largest bat and applied him with glue dots.


7 comments:

  1. The lifted bats and inked bat are fantastic, Arlene! Great background and a perfect sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect occasion you chose for the alcohol ink lift technique, Arlene! The ink-lifted bats and the tree look ghost-looking against the dark purplish blue background. Thanks so much for this unique Halloween-ish card with us at CAS Mix Up!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - what great use of the technique on this dramatic card Arlene
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your AI ink lift worked so well, Arlene! I love the deep blues of your AI panel ... and how fun to lift the tree and bat to create a spooky Halloween night scene! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dark background and the fun lift technique. Such a unique and stunning card and I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Arlene I am impressed with this whole design. I'm batty for this card. This is a rich tone and truly make this special card ELEGANT. Thanks so much for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That background is really effective. I also love how you have offset it on the card, wonderful and unusual xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!