Sunday, June 23

multiple sets...

and

Have you ever made a pop-up card?
That is how I made this card except I removed the upper pieces and glued it to a great base card.
The main “tank” was made with the box card measurements of...
5-1/2” x 8-1/2”
Scored at 2”,4” and 8” then flipped and scored at 2-3/4”.
Next I trimmed off all the top pieces.
Next I cut a piece of white card stock to stencil Distress salty ocean & mermaid lagoon inks with MFT Mix-ables “Make Waves” stencil then stamped the verse from MFT Stamps “Gill Friends” with Gina K amalgam ink.
Using a ruler and my craft knife I cut a 1/4” frame around what would be the front of the “tank” and taped in acetate.
I folded this together and taped in the waves piece across from the window.
The cross bars were made with more acetate so they didn’t show.
On more white card stock I stamped the gulls (MFT Stamps “”Seaside Gulls”), fish(MFT Stamps “Gill Friends”) and bucket of fish(MFT Stamps “Polar Bear Pals”) using the Gina K ink and colored them with Prismacolor pencils before cutting them out with a craft knife and applying them to the card. 
Once everything was on the card I used my Tim Holtz stamping platform to get the verses from MFT Stamps “Beach Buds” and “Essential Sentiments” stamped with Gina K amalgam ink on the front of the card.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun card Arlene - love the bucket of fish :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool and what a genius idea to have a part of the sea on the card! Absolutely love this design, its so fun, especially seeing them diving down to catch their fish. Your one clever and creative woman and I'm so glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!