Thursday, May 9

golden Dad...

and
and

Recently I watched a Tim Holtz video about 3D embossing folders and since I had one I decided to use it for this challenge.
The base card is kraft card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The metallic piece is gold metallic card stock that I ran through the Big Kick with Tim Holtz 3D “Foundry” folder.
The thing I learned form watching the video was to wet the card stock first and then run it through the machine 3 times!
This worked so much better than the first time I tried it.
Using kraft card stock I ran the Tim Holtz “Fresh Brewed” die to get the cup and then with black card stock the same die to get the top for the cup.
Using a “Happy Father’s Day” from an unknown set, I stamped it with Distress Archival ground espresso ink.
This I sponged with the Distress espresso ink and applied it and the top to the card front.


12 comments:

  1. Fantastic design for Dad with that wonderful background showing off the great coffee cup. I like the foil design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, all that gold yumminess; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome background for your masculine coffee card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous gold background and a really fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow love the background and awesome coffee to go. Great masculine feel

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning masculine coffee card Arlene. Love your use of the embossed panel.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Arlene. That gold would really make a dad feel special. Thanks for sharing with us at SAS4KIDS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!