Sunday, May 19

gold plated...


There is a quick story to go along with this card.
Hubby and I live near Rochester, New York the home of the Lilac Festival.
The first year we were married he took me to my first Lilac Festival and bought me a gold plated lilac charm.
Yes folks, it was a gold dipped actual lilac!!!
So since this is the last day of our 2019 Lilac Festival I thought a gold dipped flower was in order.
Since I am still playing with the technique of Melinda Stearns I chose to print out a Graciellie digital design called “A Christmas Hello”.
Using the Lifestyle Crafts circle dies, a ruler and a Prismacolor Premier 01 pen to apply the accents.
Next I stamped the verse from Taylored Expressions “Many Minis-Holidays” with StazOn jet black ink.
This piece I applied to gold card stock on a white card stock base.
To finish I colored the poinsettia with Kirarina WiNK gold metallic paint.


4 comments:

  1. That gold poinsettia looks fabulous! Your use of the circles in this design looks great. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Arlene - and that gold poinsettia is stunning! Thank you for sharing about the lilac festival and how it inspired this card. Loving how you are using the dies in the background again
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful backstory to a beautiful card! I love the detailed accents you drew in~they add wonderful movement and a place for the lovely gold flower to land. Thank you for sharing your work with us at Inkspirational~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classy and trendy at the same time, I love combination! A beautiful Christmas design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!