Saturday, May 11

a tree...


As I sit here looking out my window at the trees beginning to leaf out I thought I would make a card depicting it.
I recently purchased a set of makeup brushes to do “sponging” with.
Honestly they don’t impress me as much as real sponges!
What I did like was the way I could make a sun with one of the smaller ones.
The card is white card stock.
From the front I die cut one of the square dies from MFT Die-namics “Inside & Out Stitched Square STAX”.
On the inside of the card I stamped the tree, Lizzie Anne Designs “In The Treetop”, with assorted Distress inks.
To get the fun look on the tree I inked it slightly and then punched it with the makeup brush.
I used a piece f acetate to mask the bottom of the inside of the card to make the sun and sky with the makeup brushes and Distress inks.
Then I flipped the mask and did the “grass” with the same inks and brushes.


3 comments:

  1. What a tranquil scene Arlene - Love your use of the horizon prompt. I was interested in your comments re the make up brushes - I often use stiff paint brushes and a stipple action to apply inks... I have not tried that type of brush yet.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely horizon scene you created in side your little framing! love that sunrise and the beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful horizon card - love your pretty tree and the framing of it all is perfection! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!