Saturday, April 20

metallic blooms...


Tim Holtz dies are wonderful for two reasons.
They can be used as dies for die cut pieces and to cut out an image from card stock and use it as a stencil!
I chose the latter for this challenge.
Using a piece of heavier card stock from my stash, I die cut the flower from Tim Holtz “Wildflower Stems #2” removing the flower.
On black card stock, I wish there was black water color paper, using the stencil I made with Distress Crayons brushed pewter and antiqued bronze to stencil the flower to the main piece.
Next I spotted the whole piece with the Distress Crayon brushed pewter then smeared it with water.
The base card is white card stock.
Along the edge of a piece of the black card stock I smeared the Distress Crayon brushed pewter.
This piece I applied to the base card before applying the main piece.
With white card stock and Tim Holtz “Celebration Words:Script” I die cut the celebrate and glued it to the card front.

2 comments:

  1. Love your fabulous card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this must look amazing IRL when the metallics would really show up - a really dramatic card Arlene
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!