Friday, October 12

shiny Christmas...

and

The story of the Deco Foil.
When Hobby Lobby was going through there major paper crafting clearance time not long ago I found two rolls of Deco Foil for $1.25 and had to have them...never mind i had no idea what to do with them!
While looking through MFT Stamps website I found a deco foil adhesive pen and bought it.
When the “metal” challenge came up I thought this would work.
The base card is white linen card stock.
The large gold circle was made by cutting out a circle with a piece of double back tape.
I removed one side and placed it on a piece of gold Deco Foil.
I ran it through the BigShot with no dies and removed the excess.
Now I placed it on the card front.
The black card stock strip is stamped with a verse from MFT Stamps “Secret Santa” using Versmark ink and heat embossed with Old Town Crafts, Inc “white jewels embossing powder”.
On a piece of white card stock I stamped the elf from MFT Stamps “Santa’s Elves” with StazOn jet black ink and colored him with Prisma pencils.
Using the Deco Foil pen I applied the glue to the circles on the elf and then the gold Deco Foil.
After trimming him out with scissors I applied him to the card front with glue dots.


7 comments:

  1. Love your gold foil accents. Such a cute card with shine from the foil. I also bought a whack of thermal foil and I don't have a laminator. I use it the same way you did. Works great! :) Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gold deco foil looks wonderful on the circle, ornament and little elfs pom pom! I wouldn't know how to use the foil either! thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful use of foil! I love the shiny circle and foil accents on this adorable elf! A fun Christmas card! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card and love how you used the foil as the metal for the challenge. Great texture from the linen card stock and the most adorable elf image. Thank you for joining in the metal challenge at The CAS Mix Up with this fabulously CAS card and mixing the medias too x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute elf and love the use of the gold foil in the background and the elf's hat and bauble, and also love the texture in the card which looks great. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That darling Elf is still among my favorites from MFT! He deserves that fun gold spotlight! A darling rendition of our Sketch!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable take on the sketch! Congrats on being chosen a CTS Fave!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!