Sunday, October 7

bittersweet...

and

I really had a hard time coming up with something “different” to try...but I did it!
To start I printed on white card stock the Power Poppy 
“Bittersweet Wreath” enlarged.
I taped this to my light box and using Derwent Inktense pencils I outlined and colored sections of the wreath and flowers.
Next I water colored with water and a fine brush.
From the same digi set I used another Inktense pencil to copy the verse and water color it.
On the inside of the white linen base card I used the light box again and copied the rest of the verse before water coloring it!
To finish I taped the dry main piece to the dry base card.
Since my birthday month is late September and I LOVE bittersweet I felt this accomplished both challenges.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like the look you achieved here. It's beautiful. So glad you participated in the PINsprational Challenge. Sandy/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally taken with your card!! Take a peek at our next newsletter.... have to feature your lovely Inktense creation - you did SUCH a lovely job. Great cropping/layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Your Bittersweet wreath is incredible!! Love the look and how you achieved it! Thanks so much for joining in on our Power Poppy Power and Spark challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!