Wednesday, September 5

love the Fall...


Once again I don’t have the “exact” colors for a challenge bu I work with what I have.
I found a wonderful new (to me) technique for...
at the Newton’s Nook Designs site.
I made the “ghosted” piece with white card stock, Distress Oxide inks (Bluerint Sketch, Wilted Violet and WIld Honey) and The Crafter’s Workshop “Aspen Trees” stencil.
That was layered to a white folded base cards cut smaller than an A2.
That was applied to a piece of eggplant card stock.
With Tim Holtz “Birch Tress” die and white card stock I cut out a couple of the trees and glued them to the front of the card.
To finish I stamped the verse from Hampton Arts “Give Thanks” with a mixture of Distress Oxide wilted violet and blueprint sketch inks.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I love how the ghosting looks with that image. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the ghosted trees - awesome touch! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card - that's a new technique to me too so I'm off to have a look - I love those trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!